12 June 2010

almost time for tea

spent some time at work on this unusually chilly saturday and, after a few hours, felt the need for a cup of tea to warm myself. i checked the stash i keep in my drawer and found the tea bags and the packets of sweetener - but, alas, i was out of powdered creamer. off to the staff room i went, confident i'd find some there that i could borrow and replace on monday. but look, all i found was this gigantic bag of every kind of packaged sweetener you can imagine. but what good is that with no creamer, i ask you?

7 comments:

A cup of Tea said...

I wonder how you felt then. I know how we like something when we want it. A good cup of tea is refreshing and relaxing and helps to get rid of fatigue, you know.

Anonymous said...

ah, i'd forgotten how to use those "sachets", been out of work for a couple of years now, but I felt a little panic, I know how it feels, glad to be out of that now.

Anonymous said...

You should keep a small supply of herbal tes then you won't need all the trimmings ;)

Irene said...

Well, I'm a bit surprised that you take powdered cremaer in your cup of tea! It's almost sacrilege. I hope you had your tea without it.

chris said...

madamebutterfly: i do like herbal teas - but on such a dreary, cold day, i was also looking for the caffeine jolt you just can't get with herbals. Nora: i did have my tea without it, and, although it warmed me up, it didn't taste very good. i'm not a big user of powdered creamer and only use it when the real liquid thing is unavailable - like at work.

Kaytea said...

Hmmm I know exactly how you feel. Many times in my own home I go for the Chai to make a late and guess what.....no soy left....what is a chai without the soy????

Lynne said...

I drink mine black so all I'd need is a teabag! Sorry you couldn't find any creamer!