16 January 2009

helvetica

looking at techno-friends, i see some of them as real geeks but have never particularly thought of myself as one. but i wonder now, because in a few minutes, our local pbs station is airing a mini-documentary that i've been dying to see. it's called helvetica and it's about typeface. yes, fonts.  the impact they have on advertising. the way they've affected business. their place in our culture. i can't wait. 

now here's a quiz for you: what font are you? take it - it's fun! then leave a comment and let me know what font you are. btw, i'm times new roman. 

6 comments:

gretchen said...

I'm also a Times New Roman. I did it twice and mixed it up and here I am - I think it said, classy, but don't take yourself too seriously. Maybe it's my age. I don't know half the bands they listed.

Keep warm! That was fun to do.

KP said...

Just for the record you are one of the most tech savy people I know!
So I am Helvetica, or so says the quiz, an industry standard, classic, reliable, and boring...hmm. I find it ironic that I almost never use Helvetica, on purpose anyway. I am usually a Times New Roman fan!

chris said...

i use tahoma. but after the show last night, i have a whole new appreciation of helvetica!

Anonymous said...

Helvetica here, and I too, never use it. I am a fan of comic sans,and arial. Not sure what that means. Probably indicates some kind of contrariness or inner conflict...hmm.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...guess what font? Times New Roman!!! No wonder we're such good friends....

What a fun survey....

Anonymous said...

helvetica...boring?!?! i prefer to think of myself as consistent. :) mdb