01 January 2013

a bright shiny new year

i believe this is the earliest i have ever taken down a christmas tree. ever. it still smelled piney fresh as i took off ornaments, which made me feel worse about taking it all down so soon. usually, it's christmas around here for a lot longer than only two weeks. don't get me wrong - the holidays were wondrous in their own right, with the little girl's boundless excitement, with cozy christmas festivities at the girl's family's long-awaited and lovely new home, with lazy days and a respite from the responsibilities of work. but i think i'm ready to be done with the holidays now. i am so curious and so excited about this new year and all that i anticipate it will hold. but right now, i'm looking forward to some routine and stability, to predictability, to quiet and calm. just for a little while.

this also seems a fitting time to thank you, so much, for your readership this year. it's been an odd year for me blog-wise, and i do so appreciate your patience and understanding with that. it still makes my day to find a comment from one of you. truly.

blessings to each of you, and to those you love, in this bright and shiny new year.

3 comments:

Star said...

You've got ESP. I wanted to thank you, again, for your thoughts and your photos that help me (try to) see each new day as if it were the first day of a new year.

susan t. landry said...

a shiny new year...i like that...

thanx, as always, chris. (great to hear about the cozy new house, too!)

~she~ said...

It was the first Christmas that I took my tree down in December. I'm actually thankful for the extra space our living room has gained. I also am thankful to have my full picture window back!