20 October 2011

eureka

yesterday after work i spent much too much time going from one store to the next in search of a new coffee pot. i thought i knew what i wanted but i couldn't find it. i ended up tired and cold and caught in the rain. by the time i got home, i was miserable - and had no coffee pot. as i drifted off to sleep very early last night, it dawned on me to look online. so this morning, between hair and makeup, i bought the perfect coffee pot for less than i would have paid in the store, even with the discount. free shipping, and it's being delivered to my door on monday. i don't understand why i didn't think of shopping online in the first place. i could have saved myself a whole lot of time.

6 comments:

R. J. said...

Good for you. I'm in the market for a new coffee maker and I started looking online. I have to find that place you mentioned with free shipping because the places I looked wanted me to spend high minimum amounts to get free shipping. I thought I would go to the stores. Maybe I will revisit the online issue.

~she~ said...

I love online shopping, especially during the holidays!

susan t. landry said...

two-day free shipping via Amazon is my dirty little secret ...for everything.

recently got: new Chemex coffee pot (gorgeous) and an electric kettle for boiling water in a NY minute. perfect.

now i need to know your definition of the perfect coffee maker. please.

chris said...

~she~: i used to wonder how old folks - the kind who can't get around any more, the ones whose licenses get taken by their loved ones - how they get what they need without imposing on other people and how i would handle that in my old age. now i know!
R.J.: i am sure there are deals to be had in the stores. the problem I have is getting to them. not an issue with online ones, though - and it's soooo easy to comparison shop! as to free shipping, read on...
susan t. landry: i am quickly becoming an amazon convert. i signed up for the free one month prime account and i love it!!!! that's where i got the perfect pot, which is programmable and has a carafe. mine comes with a 12 cup glass pot for guests and occasions and i bought the separate 8 cup carafe for me - to keep my coffee hot without using a lot of electricity.

Irene said...

On line shopping is such a great invention. I do it all the time. Well, whenever something important needs to be bought. I'm happy to hear that you found the coffeemaker of your choice. It's such an important item.

Paula's Postings said...

Welcome to the world of online shopping I think Amazon is great I use it for all sorts.I have also had my food shopping delivered by our local supermarkets.