04 November 2007

november II

time was when i hated this month. i know lots of people do. dead cold and bleak, the only good things about november were that it was a short month and there were two federal holidays in it. but about twenty years ago, i read "november light" a story by my writer friend gretchen. a wonderful piece full of beautiful imagery and heartfelt emotion. it so changed my perception of november that over time its become my favorite month. so every november at the beginning of the month i plan the night when i ritually make a cup of tea, remove the manuscript from its place in my cupboard, and read it. and it touches my heart all over again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it published?! I would love to read it. Just reading her name brought me back those 20 years ago...
md'b

gretchen said...

Thank you, dear friend. There is nothing so holy as to touch another's heart and be touched in return.

I will post "November Light" on my blog.

What a gift today has been! Gretchen

KP said...

looking forward to seeing this piece.